I am working on a tote to put in the vehicle when we drive somewhere and the weather is bad. Some things I think I will put in it are as follows. If you have suggestions please leave a comment.
1. 2 blankets
2. tin can alcohol stove (metal coffee can, a bottle rubbing alcohol, a roll of toilet tissue and a book of matches)
3. a hat for each family member
4. a pair of gloves for each family member
5. non perishable snacks
6. small shovel
7. jumper cables (if not already in vehicle)
8. triangle warning signs (collapsible)
9. tow rope
10. small first aid kit
13. ice scraper
I will update this post as suggestions are mentioned.