Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thrift store finds




Today while I was in Guymon doing my errands I stopped at the thrift store. I found an end table and a funky chair. The end table is good solid wood and the chair was just cool, its sturdy too. I decided to take them home and paint them white for my porch. I will find something nice to recover the seat of the chair. Maybe something waterproof in a floral. I paid $3.00 each for the furniture. I also found a few tiny pots for plants and a Tupperware pitcher.




At the grocery store I did pretty good too. Using coupons I saved $21.00 and spent $18.43. I always like it when I save more than I spend.




Later I went to WalMart and bought 8 bottles of trial sized Ivory no iron spray. I had free coupons so all I paid was the tax. I splurged while there and bought a brand new puzzle. I don't know if we have never bought brand new puzzles before, we usually buy them second hand. Anyway, I figured if we get the snow that is predicted we will have something new to do.




Its always fun to play games and do puzzles when you are snowed in.


Oh I forgot to get some creamer so I could make some more cocoa mix. Oh well, I am sure we will survive. I will look and see if I can find another recipe that doesn't call for creamer.


1 comment:

Amy said...

I have been trying to get into using coupons. Any suggestions?

Amy