Monday, January 25, 2010

Yummy oatmeal

Dice apples. Saute apples, with coconut oil and sea salt. Add cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and cloves. Add some grade B maple syrup. When they are done they look like the picture above. Add to your cooked oatmeal and enjoy.
source:http://frontyardfoodie.com/



I found these two recipes for oatmeal, they look yummy. We are eating the recipe with the apples for supper tonight.


The pumpkin oatmeal: 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup water, 1/4 cup egg whites, 1 banana, 1/4 cup pumpkin, 1 T barney butter, cinnamon and agave. SO filling!
I will use real butter and leave out the egg whites when I make this because I am not a vegetarian and don't need to worry about extra protein. Also I will use honey or sugar for the agave because I don't have any of that.


No comments: