Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saving on kleenx


Our family goes through Kleenex like crazy. It is crazy to me to blow you nose on something and then toss it in the trash. It seems wasteful to me.
I asked one of my daughters for pretty bandannas for Christmas and she gave Jeff and I each about 6 each.
I have been using a bandanna for a hankie, the younger girls think its gross. But when I was a kid we all had little white hankies. When I think mine is too icky to use any more I just toss it in the laundry and get another one. I surely have saved at least one box of Kleenex doing this so far.
My step dad uses a bandanna for a hankie all the time. His are worn and soft. It makes sense to me to use something that can be washed and reuse instead of tossing it in the trash.
We try to use less paper towels, and we use cloth napkins, so whats the difference?
The girls say they will always have snot on them even after being washed. If we were hand washing that might be a possibility but for crying out loud we have a nice front loader.
If you use cloth diapers, they don't have poop on them after being washed so why would there be snot on the hankies.
I will continue to use my cloth hankies and I know they will get more worn and soft like my step dad's.

No comments: