Sunday, May 23, 2010

Almost home

Yesterday we picked Bill and Christina up from the airport. The kids were sure glad to see them. We then went to a restaurant for breakfast and chatting. It was sure good to see them. I would have liked to stay longer but at this time I just was ready to head home.
They gave us each beautiful necklaces with a flower to pin in our hair. Also we each got a t-shirt in pretty colors.

They also gave me a really neat bowl woven out of some kind of leaves. They watched someone make it. It has a rose on the side. They probably don't remember but when we first met them they gave me a rose rock I keep on a shelf. Now I have a rose bowl. It is turning brown but still has some green in it. Christina said it will turn all the way brown and get hard. It is beautiful.

After our late breakfast at the restaurant we headed out. We got to Norman and decided to get a motel. We still have about five or so hours of driving ahead of us today and probably could have made it, but better safe than sorry.

We woke up late and missed the breakfast the motel provides so we must have been tired.

This week we will be finishing the corners for the stone order we have and making stone to set out front to sell. Our stock out front is quite low and needs built up.

I also need to get some more tomatoes planted and cucumbers. Also some acorn squash among other things.

Joy asked me if we ever do anything fun at home and I laughed and said no, I guess we don't. We have plenty of work all the time.

2 comments:

kscorrell said...

Glad you are having a safe trip home! :D Tell Joy to come visit me and we can go swimming! :)

Yolanda said...

I'm glad for you that you will be home.