Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Clarification

Ok, this is my (sister in Christ) not in real life. She is my former pastors sister. I will try to explain as best I can.
C. just finished a year of christian worship school and does not know what she is doing with her life from now on. Our former pastor (her brother) asked her if she wanted to come to his house to stay and watch the kids while they went to Hawaii. Her response was that she would (have to pray about it) this is her response to anything she doesn't want to answer. Well, I guess God never gave her an answer because she never told him yes or no, so he asked us to come watch the kids. We said ok. We paid our way here, meals, etc. spent lots of money etc.
We were here five days before she showed up.
Apparently she is mad at her brother because he asked us to come and didn't tell her and she is taking it out on me. This is what she told one of my daughters. We had given the pastor some money like we do now and then and he gave some back and told me to pay the girls for watching the kids. I let it slip that he had paid the girls and that was a mistake. I didn't tell her we had given him money first.
The first day she lit into me because I was trying to visit with her and carry on a conversation and apparently everything I said I was judging her. This is when I ended up yelling leave me alone, leave me alone, and she never did.
Two days later the bug man came and I told him she was asleep in her room and he went ahead and sprayed in there and we didn't know it because we were in other rooms. She flew off the handle about that too, I am not sure why she didn't yell at him, but anyway.
Then last night I asked her if she had plans for today and she said she was going to lunch with a friend so I said ok. She wanted to know why and I told her it was because the girls and I wanted to go to the museum of natural science and it was free on Tuesday after 2pm. She was offended that I wasn't inviting her, I was asking her to watch the girls when they got home from school and she wanted me to pay her.
She then apologized and even wrote me a note. Each time she does these things she apologizes and then demands that I forgive her.
This is probably rambling but this is a summary of what is going on.
Anyway, the girls and I decided we would not go anywhere that we couldn't be back in time to get the girls from school or wait and take them with us.
I did explain to her that no we didn't have a food allowance (she thought we did) and I was paying for food and gas so the gas guzzler big car is being driven as little as possible.
We also decided we are not going to any museums or anything else, we will just do short simple things around here.
I can't leave because I gave my word, the pastor doesn't trust her. He said if someone called and asked her to go somewhere she would just go. Once she made her niece change the babies diaper because it was poopy. I am not sure why he asked her. Anyway. It has been no picnic for me and the girls and certainly no vacation for us either.
For some reason she can play monopoly with out asking God about every move so I don't know how she does it. Really, she has to pray about everything and get peace about it. Even buying a pair of tennis shoes.

5 comments:

Kaleena Kay said...

Mom,
I am sorry it hasn't been a good trip for you! I love you very much.

Jenni said...

I wonder why your Pastor even asked his sister to sit the kids if he doesn't trust her?

It's too bad that HE can't tell her to go back to her own home, as her services are CLEARLY no longer needed.

Again, I am so sorry that you are going through this... But, it's almost over, right?

It may not be right, or nice, but I would pretend as if she didn't exist... I wouldn't talk to her, or enduldge her little hissy fits. But, this might just make her behave worse...

debbieo said...

Lamb Chop,
I am not sure who asked who what. I do know she doesnt have a home now that she finished school, so sending her home wouldnt work.
I have considered asking her to move to the 5th wheel, but they let a guy live there and its not clean and I dont want to clean it for her.
I think the guy who lived there free ought to clean it.
I think I expect others to do unreasonable things or something.
And yes, its almost over.
Yippie

Captain Hook and Lady Crochet said...

Debbie,
I am so glad you got this off your chest! I was wondering from your other post...and getting kinda concerned. I hate this for you, and I understand how you feel obligated...maybe you can view this as God using her to grow you in one way or another...maybe patience..haha. I don't know... I hope the rest of your trip gets better!!!!!!! ;0)
Lori

Yolanda said...

*pat..pat..pat..* I'm sorry for your situation too. I hope this all works out as soon as possible and you can get back to your own loving home.