Monday, May 24, 2010

Chicken quarters

When we went to the Perryton today we picked up two packages of leg quarters for $3.90 each at United. When we got home I cut them apart and chopped off the tails, don't like to have them on. We packaged 6 pieces to a bag, 3 legs and 3 thighs for a total of 7 bags. I am going to cook two bags tomorrow so Jeff has some to take for his lunches. It averages out to $1.11 per bag. That is a good price for the meat for a meal for five people.

We owed $11.70 in fines at the library. We gotta stop doing that. I guess we support the library that way. We really like the Perryton library.

I am so glad to be home. I enjoyed being with the kids in Alvin and wish we could have stayed and spent time with Bill and Christina but I really felt it was best to head home. I think I made the right decision.

Today we planted cucumbers, scallop squash, acorn squash, yellow squash and zucchini. In the way of flowers we planted lots of marigolds and morning glories.

Tomorrow after we make stone I want to get the last bed in the greenhouse ready to plant and plant more yellow squash, acorn squash, and scallop squash. I also have a place picked out to plant some cantaloupes and watermelons. I think we will plant one of the raised bed all to okra as well.

In a couple of weeks or so I will start another batch of squash so that when the ones we planted today start to wain, the next ones will be coming on.

It has been very windy here for the last few days. I am hoping it calms down a bit, its hard to work when its so very windy.

The girls mowed and trimmed today as well. When everyone works together its amazing how much we get done. Like last evening, they went to it and the house was in order in no time. I really appreciate my girls. They are very special. I feel like I have done a good job raising them and if I should die today they could handle most anything that comes along.

This coming year in home school, we will be learning Quicken as one of our subjects. This will help the girls to get a handle on the financial aspect of life. Also, they could actually get part time jobs doing some book work for local businesses. We have already been asked to have them do this.

We were sitting on the porch this evening talking, and the girls were saying how people think they are different than other kids (in a good way) and I said I am so glad that its obvious that they are different. We don't want to be like the world. We want people to look at us and say that we are dependable and helpful. Also that we don't act like the world does. I am proud of my girls. They are not perfect but they are great girls.

3 comments:

Yolanda said...

You are so blessed. I am glad your girls are different in a good way. Mine are too. :-)

And my sons are all special and very good to their mother.

debbieo said...

I dont have any sons so you have an extra blessing. Its nice to know we did something right isnt it?
I am glad you are blessed too.

kscorrell said...

Debbie I read this and all I can say is that I hope my kids are special and different just like your girls are! :D I enjoyed having Joy and Molly over when they were here a couple summers ago. I hope that you and all 3 girls can visit us this summer sometime! We would love it!!!