Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pantry Inventory

The girls and I just finished the inventory of one of my pantries. I like getting that done so I know what I have and what I need.

Now Jeff can make a spread sheet and I can keep better track of what items are in that particular pantry.

I did find out that I have most everything I need to make some of the meals in the new book I got. Before I begin making the meal packets I just need mylar bags, oxygen absorbers and some dehydrated mushrooms. I will see about ordering them on Friday when Jeff gets paid.

This morning Jeff called to tell me that it was raining and lightning real bad in Guymon and maybe we shouldn't make stone right away. I looked outside and decided to go ahead because I thought we'd have time before the storm reached us. I asked the Lord to hold off until we finished making stone. Toward the end it began to rain very lightly, then as we got closer to being done it rained harder. Finally just as we were finishing up in began to pour. Isn't God awesome? His timing is perfect.

I was able to get a pallet of stone taken out to the front lot just as it began to rain lightly. We are trying to build up the inventory of the lot. If we have stone out front people stop and buy what is there instead of custom ordering so I try to have common colors on the lot for quick sales. This week we should complete 400 square feet of field stone in the mixed brown colors. Next week I think we will make 500 square feet of field stone in reds and beige. Then after that I will decide what color we should make for the lot. I am hoping Joe brings us his order soon so we can start on it. I hope he doesn't have too many corners as that is the hardest part of making stone. When we make stone for the lot we do not make corners. We just make the stones.

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

As always, I'm amazed by how much you get done. :)