Sunday, May 9, 2010

This n that

Its been a whirlwind of activity lately.
We drive all day to attend closing exercises at the bible college on Wednesday. Thursday morning we got to watch the last bible college choir tour of the 2010 class. It was different than the spring tour because some had dropped out and the program was changed. It was really good.
The tour this year did 37 concerts and visited 9 states. What fun. Joy said they really learned unity and how to get along.
Later in the evening on Thursday was graduation. There were 5 students who received their second year diplomas. Joy was among about a nine first year students who received a certificate of completion. There were also about five drive in students or students who did not carry a full class load or who did not pass all of the classes.
Joy ended up beating James, her grade rival by 3 tenths of a percent to get the top score in her class. James is a 45 year old man who was very serious in his studies and was quite a rival for Joy. It was good for both of them to have competition. I think they both needed it. It did bother James to be the oldest in the class and get beat out by the youngest in the class.
On Friday we ate a picnic and then headed out to Forsyth Mo. to visit Kaleena and Justin.
On Saturday morning Justin and Kaleena took us garage shopping. I have never seen so many garage sales in my life. I loved it. I found a lot of stuff that Jeff is taking home for me.
They all took me out at lunch to a Chinese buffet. Then home to rest and visit. The girls went to the landing with Justin and Kaleena and to a mall.
This morning (Sunday) we are heading out for the long drive to Alvin, Tx. and Jeff is going home. Please pray for a safe trip for all of us.
I will try to update while we are in Alvin. We hope to have some adventures there. Pictures later.
Also, Elie asked me to write a post on teaching domestic science. I will try to get to that while we are in Alvin as well.

No comments: