Wednesday, May 12, 2010

No home made pita pockets for us

I just found out the preachers oven doesn't work, so its no home made pita pockets for us. I will have to figure out meals that don't use the oven.


The Holocaust Museum was really nice. I was hard to read all of the plaques though. When you are reading a book you can put the book down when it gets intense. At the museum you either had to leave or continue with the tour. We finally got to the point that we just couldn't take any more sadness and we left.

If you are in the Houston area, visit the Holocaust Museum.

4 comments:

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

Oh, I've lived without an oven before! If you have a crockpot, you can make anything in it. And I've even made peach cobbler in a rice cooker, LOL!

Why not try the pitas on the stove, or make them into tortillas? If you turn a cast iron skillet upside down, the bottom makes a great tortilla griddle!

debbieo said...

When we went on a mission trip and stayed in the church, I was in charge of the food. All I had to cook with was a rice cooker, an electric griddle and a electric skillet. We had full coure meals too. Its a challange but it can be done. We have an actual placa for tortillas, both here and at home. The preachers wife is mexican.

Debbie Sue said...

since when does their oven not work? hmmm. weird, very strange. I was able to cook a pie in it in march so since then something happened.

debbieo said...

Debbie Sue,
I havnt tried it but Christina was calling Bill while we were all in Baxter asking if she should call the repair person. Was it ok with the church board and such.