Saturday, May 29, 2010

Strawberry soda ice cream

I bought strawberry soda today to make ice cream like we used to years ago. Its cheap and easy.
1 2 liter bottle of strawberry soda
2 cans evaporated milk
mix and put in a plastic container with a lid. Place in the freezer. Take it out and stir it once in a while and eventually you will have ice cream.

I make my own evaporated milk. Here is my recipe
1 1/2c. water
1 c. powdered milk
Combine and mix well. This recipe is the equivalent of one can of evaporated milk.
I use non instant powdered milk from the LDS cannery and the measurement is 1/2 of this.
In other words I use 1/2 c. non instant powdered milk

2 comments:

Captain Hook and Lady Crochet said...

Sounds good...how long approx. will it take? A day? Hours?? Hmmm.

debbieo said...

I dont know Lori, however long it takes to freeze. I have not made this for years. I will keep track when I make it though.