Sunday, May 30, 2010

Homemade corn chips

Your kids will love making their own crispy, crunchy corn chips from scratch. And there's no sweeter reward than getting to sample their first batch of snacks hot from the oven.
Ingredients
1 cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 - 7/8 cup boiling water
Mixing bowl
Mixing spoon or spatula
Measuring teaspoon
Baking sheet
Use of oven
Cooking Instructions
Mix all ingredients.
Scoop 1 heaping measuring teaspoonful of mixture.
Place on a well greased baking sheet. (Use plenty of oil, or they will stick)
Moisten fingers, pat out very thin.
Bake in 400 degree oven about 10 minutes.
source:http://recipes.kaboose.com/homemade-corn-chips.html

4 comments:

Beautifully Veiled said...

You mean I don't have to run to the store for Frito's when it is chili night and I forgot them??? Yahooooo!

debbieo said...

Frito chili pie is one of my favorite dishes.

Yolanda said...

Oh, Wow!! Have you tried this? How wonderful! I wonder if I used a Silpat if maybe they would not stick and I wouldn't have to grease it. Hmmm.... Thanks!

debbieo said...

Yolanda,
I havent tried them yet, but I didnt want to lose the recipe so I blogged it.
I bet your silpat would be the bomb.
I also havent made my own crackers but I want to.
The more stuff I can make myself the less perservatives we will eat.
If you try it let me know how they turned out and I will do the same.