Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Going to Pearland

The girls and I went to Pearland with Sammy yesterday because Mollie wanted to buy some new tennis shoes. She found a pair that looks good on her and fits well. Hannah saw a pair but couldn't decide if she wanted to spend the money. I found a pair of crocks for Jeff. He has feet problems and he likes to wear crocks in the house.

Later we went to Wal Mart and I got 2 pairs of carpi's, and we all got assorted under garments. Mollie also got 2 new shirts.

Well now Hannah wants to go back to Pearland and buy the shoes if they are still there. So as soon as everyone gets around we will go.

We are hoping that the glasses Jeff mailed will come today for Hannah. She is ready to see again. She lost her glasses in the water on Saturday. Update, no glasses today.

Tonight is church. I bought a Thank You note to give to Galen for rescuing us last Thursday. I will give it to him tonight along with some of my home made soap.

I miss hanging laundry outside. They don't have a line here. Its funny too, they have a regular washer and dryer and my kids weren't sure how to run them. I thought that was funny. Of course Joy knew cause they have the old kind at college. We have a front loader.

I do think the Lord is trying to teach me something and I am sure I did not do well in the test. I still have a tendency to bristle when someone begins to yell at me. It looks like there is a lot more refining I need. Refining fire, my hearts one desire, is to love you, set apart for you. One thing I have learned is that I need to put feet to my faith. In other words I need to be able to with stand. It may not always be easy in the days to come. Can I hold up? Can I hold on? Can I hold out?

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

Well, at least you went in for some nice shopping therapy. ;-)