Friday, February 19, 2010

I changed my mind again. surprised?????

My plan is for a hoop house neater and not as wide as the one above.
It will be much taller than this one. I will be able to stand up in it.

Ok I decided I need my greenhouse more than any chickens do so I am just going to build a sort of move able greenhouse type structure for them.


It will be 6 feet by 8 feet. My main worry was building nesting boxes but after looking around I see I can just build nesting shelves with a lip on them. I can do that.


I will take pictures as I am building this thing so you can see what my plan is.


I wanted it to be light enough to move around so the ground doesn't bet icky in one spot. I have lots of places I can move it. I will put a rope on the front so I can pull it.


Did I mention that I ordered my chicks and they will be in March 8th?


They will be inside the garage for several weeks. Or maybe a week or two then out to the greenhouse and then on to their own house. That way we can use the garage to make stone. I just have to figure out how I want to house them while they are babies. I have done it different every time I have gotten chicks. Wonder what I will come up with this time?

2 comments:

kscorrell said...

O how I wished we lived in the country right now. I want to get more chickens. Kenzie's were killed at the farm by a dog. :( She loves animals and I wish we could have chickens in town. I might have to check into it. :D

Yolanda said...

I can't wait to see what you do!