Thursday, February 18, 2010

New bedding

After I went to the doctor, who scheduled me for a biopsy on the neck thing, I went to Wal Mart looking for new bedding for Joy's old room. I found the bed in a bag things for $35.00 so I got one for my bed, King size and one for Joy's bed, queen size. When I got to the car I looked at my receipt and realized I got charged $48.96 for one of the sets, so back into Wal Mart I went. It took a bit but I got my money.

The lady said, well if it doesn't ring up right that means she didn't buy it here. I said I just bought it a few minutes ago. She finally went away and the other lady got me taken care of. I wonder how many people don't look at their receipts and get over charged? A bunch I bet.

Anyway, I am going to get one more set for the other bed room and then all the beds will have new bedding. Yeah. I also bought rods to put up the new closet curtains I made from old sheets and a egg crate for Joy's bed. The rods are for the curtains and the egg crate is for the bed. It sounded weird when I read it back to myself.

Our old preacher and family are coming to visit in a week so I wanted to get everything gussied up for their visit. This might be a good time to take pictures to have a home tour thing.

Jeff worked over 12 hours today and he is bushed. Poor fella.

Tomorrow I have to get some photo's taken of my soaps for my new web page my son in law is designing. I was suppose to have had them done a day or so ago.

I got the last set of shop lights put on my growing shelves with Mollie's help today.

I figured out a good way to get holes in the bottoms of my plastic planters. Heat up the soldering gun and let Hannah go after it. I think she got holes put in everything I wanted them in. I keep making more of those sub irrigation planters. If they work, which they better, I will have lots of them to sell at the farmers market. If they don't sell I will sure have a lot of cilantro. I bet they sell though.

I need to pick up more cilantro and catnip seeds.

LESSON LEARNED: Don't use fish emulsion on indoor plants for a fertilizer. It stinks to high heaven and lingers for weeks. So if you come to visit and it smells fishy, sorry.

1 comment:

lesstaken@gmail.com said...

I loved the sub irrigation planters , gotta remeber from the inside green site the wick (i have use sponge , old rag etc) can lay in the water , not so much the top soak in the water. I had great results with them.

I even had 1st year spider plants go all leggy on me and grow their own babies (it normally takes 2 years from cutiings to babies).