Saturday, February 13, 2010

My new to me rocker

Today Jeff and I drove to Borger to pick up a wooden rocking chair I found on craigslist.
It is old but very sturdy. I think I think I will stain and varnish it. The arms are completely worn to the wood.
I am on the look out for one or two of the old rocking chairs that have arms and the seat is upholstered. I would probably recover the seat unless it was in really good shape. It does need some wood glue to tighten the arms. After the girls scrubbed it, it is lighter than appears in this picture.
Tomorrow is Valentine's day. Hope everyone gets to be with the one they love.

2 comments:

~PJ~ said...

It was nice meeting you and your husband. He is a quiet, but strong, man isn't he?!? I hope that you enjoy the rocking chair as much as I did.

Steph

Yolanda said...

How nice! I hope you will post a picture after it's all done.