Thursday, February 25, 2010

My kitchen tour

The girls cleaning. They used a lemon fragrance oil in the soap water and it sure smelled good. As you can see, we don't have curtians in this room. We live in the country and so I only have curtians in bathrooms and for looks, not privacy if at all. We have curtians in the school room and I am always asking the girls to open them.
This is a view looking from the office into the kitchen. We use our kitchen all the time so it isn't just for fancy.

This is the view from the pantry. My pantry is BIG and I love it. I could use a room size pantry though.


The stove top and the counter with stools is where a lot of cooking, chopping, slicing and such goes on.

Straight ahead you can see my pantry. The fridge is on the very right side of this photo, then the dishwasher and then sink. Beyond the kitchen aid is a double oven. The ovens are very small and I had to get rid of many of my pans because they don't fit. The kitchen had carpet when we bought this house and kitchen carpet and messy me don't mix. It wasn't long before we took the carpet out and painted the floor. The floor still looked bad, even after being swept and mopped so we ended up putting this flooring down. We still have to get the edging put down and then it will be done. To the left is the office.

6 comments:

Yolanda said...

Very nice! I would feel right at home there. SO glad you could replace the carpeting. We had kitchen carpeting at one time.... Ewwwww!!!! I am proud of you for not taking the things off the front of your fridge for the picture. I thought about doing that, but then I thought, "No. I want them to see it like it really is!" I find that my supplies and equipment expand to fill the space available. Tell your daughters I said, "Hello." :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how cool! Nice kitchen. I may join you on this, as I'd love to share my kitchen, and I hope more ladies will share theirs. I can't take pictures right now, as I have three dozen cookies cooling on the counter, one loaf of quick sourdough bread in the oven, and now I'm make two loaves of yeast bread. Maybe after my bake-fest I'll snap some pictures.

Great idea! :-)

Anonymous said...

There is a kitchen tour on my blog as well. Your kitchen is huge and beautiful in comparison to mine.

Rose said...

Hello~I found your link though Candy's blogspot. Your kitchen is lovely!! I have my kitchen tour up if you would like to stop by,God bless, Rose

Anonymous said...

Debbie, I found you by way of Candy! Your kitchen is so nicely arranged to make food prep enjoyable and convenient. And, I can *almost* smell the scent of lemon oil! Very nice.

Thank you for sharing in the tour,

Jean

Judy Dudich said...

Thanks for the wonderful tour.
Your blog is great!
May I add your link to this post to my kitchen tour post that I've had for some time on my blog?
I'd love for my readers to see your beautiful home!