Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chicken Stew

Today the girls and I worked at Loaves and Fishes, the local food bank. Jim and Linda, who run the Baptist Church Camp out by us worked too. Also Chayo and Al worked as translators.
Jim made a chicken stew and brought a crock pot of it to share with everyone. Here is Jim's chicken stew recipe.

Cut up 2 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts into cubes and brown in 4 T. olive oil
Toss into crock pot with chicken broth. Add the following. Peeled, diced potatoes, carrots, garlic, onions, celery and any other veggies you like. For seasonings he used Thyme, garlic salt, onion salt, chili powder, oregano, basil and what ever other seasoning he thought sounded good.
He cooked this on low overnight.

It was delicious.

I am going to try this with the chicken I canned. I am hoping that if I dry the pieces off and then fry it, it will work the same.

No comments: