Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My conviction about the KJV

When I was in grade school I received a King James Bible. I don't remember who gave it to me but I sure remember the Bible itself. I still have it. It was white and had a zipper closure. I read it, memorized scripture, wrote notes, etc. It was the Bible I had when I got saved.
At some point I got an NIV. I liked it. Then I got other versions. Someone wrote the Living Bible for their son and everyone knew it was a paraphrase and not an actual translation. The guy who wrote it even said so. Now days its called a translation.

I remember drifting further and further away from the word. I always loved the Lord but I knew I wasn't living my life for him. I still went to church, tho not every week.

Sometimes I wanted to write down a verse I liked so I would look through all my different translations of the Bible (I had 7 different ones) until I found one that said it the way I wanted it to be worded.

About 3 or 4 years ago I started becoming convicted about the NIV. I began studying about it and found out how much was missing that is in the KJV I grew up with.

My husband also became convicted about which version was correct. As we both began studying and digging we became more and more convinced that we should return to the KJV.
Why was the NIV so hard to memorize? Why are there over 5,000 words missing? Even whole verses?

So we threw away all the other versions we had. Yep, threw them in the trash. It was hard at first because we didn't like throwing away a (BIBLE), but we soon realized they were not correct Bibles and if we gave them away then someone else could be led astray by them, so we threw them away.

We continued to study the issue and were continually convinced the KJV was the correct translation. It has stood the test of time.

Jeff and I feel like the enemy is using the other versions to confuse people. When you are sitting in church or Sunday school and you cant follow along with the scripture being read or your Bible actually says something different, the enemy loves it. A word changed here another word left out there, whole verses missing without a thought. God is not a God of confusion. He is a God of order. Evey thing good and perfect is of God, so it goes without saying that everything bad is of the enemy. Confusion is of the enemy.

We feel that our fellow Christians are being fed tiny bits of poison every time they read one of the other versions. They are just a (little) off or a (little) wrong. After all, its just one word missing or verse. But over time, if we continue to eat the poison, then at some point our bodies become toxic and we are completely poisoned.

We no longer believe the word is true word for word. If it was how come your Bible is different than mine? If its true why don't they say the same thing? Why does the NIV refer to both Jesus and Lucifer as the morning star? Are they the same person? If you do a word study on it with the NIV, there could be no other conclusion.

If Jesus and Lucifer are the same person then the whole thing is a lie.

The King James is clear that this is just not the case. I personally don't want to be poisoned little by little. That is why I am a King James only person.

This post is my conviction and is not open for discussion.
Remember~ my site, my right~

1 comment:

Beautifully Veiled said...

Debbie, We came back to the KJV about 5 years ago. It has been such a relief to me. I never recognized verses in any of the others anyway....