Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Make your own glue?

As you know I am gluing glass pieces together for my garden art. I have been hoping I am using the correct adhesive. I decided to do an Internet search to find out which glue would be the best to glue glass to glass and also be waterproof.
I came across this site that said you could actually make your own waterproof glass glue. What? I have been paying big bucks for glue.
Everyone knows how to make paste, flour and water, but glue, real glue? I am intrigued. The ingredients are simple. Unflavored gelatin (I buy this in bulk) water,(I have that), skim milk, (easy enough) and oil of clove for a preservative. Wow, are they serious?
So right now I am making waterproof glass glue. If this works I am gonna be so happy. If it doesn't, I am not out much.
If you are interested in making your own waterproof glass glue, go to this web site and check it out for your self.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5847140_make-waterproof-glass-glue.html
Or if you want to make some other kind of glue, go to this site.
http://www.stuffinanutshell.com/make/glue.html

1 comment:

Beautifully Veiled said...

Debbie Dear, you find the most amazing things. I would never in a million years thought about making my own waterproof glass glue...I can't wait to see what you do next!!
Linda
p.s. And to think you've been doing all this fun stuff this morning while I've been diagramming sentences....hmmmmm....