Tuesday, April 6, 2010

There are so many needs......

Every day I hear about someone I need to pray for or someone who needs help. I don't know if I am just more aware or if there are just more needs right now.

A friend of mine just asked if I knew anyone in the Oklahoma City, El Reno area who could help her friend who just delivered twins and has a 2 year old at home. She has an infection in her incision and needs someone to help once or twice a week. Hold a baby, do a bit of laundry, let her rest a bit. I wish I lived closer, I would help. I have a call in to someone I know from that area and I am hoping she may know of someone who can help.

We need to be helping each other in these times. Everyone is working too hard, hurting or just needs someone to talk to. I know I am overlooking folks who have needs. Lord help me to see who needs me right now, may I see the needs and help even with out being asked.

Do you know of someone who needs you? An elderly neighbor who needs a ride to the store or doctor or just someone to visit with? A young mom who needs an adult to talk to after being all day with little ones. The couple down the street who are aching for someone to stop, say Hello and care a little. Lets all look around and see if there is someone who needs us. And then do something about their need. A prisoner sitting in a cell with no life right now, but would love getting a card or letter. There are needs everywhere, lets see what we can do.

Let me know if you see a need and are able to do something about it.

2 comments:

Elie said...

I know of quite a few families in need due to job loss. Those of us who produce a lot of our food are in a unique position to help. For many people it is easier to take fresh garden veg., eggs, or home grown meat, than it is cash.
I have recently had a new look at tithing what I produce. God has granted me that gift also.

debbieo said...

Elie,
What a wonderful way to help others. Most everyone loves fresh produce. Thank you for sharing with us and those in need.