Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dust Bowl remembered

This morning we transplanted the loofah plants. They are stretching up and ready to twine around a trellis so I put them by the arbor.

Then I put together a new Pink Monkey Soap brochure. I think this one is a good one. With me its always, oh wait, I want to change this or that.

At lunch we sat and watched The Grapes of Wrath. It is the 80th anniversary of when black Sunday hit this area. Actually it was Palm Sunday 80 years ago. Guymon was having celebrations commemorating the day.

This afternoon we went to Draper Farms and listened to a play, watched a group of square dancers and ate at the soup line. It was all free and fun. I thought the soup would be broth but it was a very good meat and vegetable soup with cornbread on the side and tea, water or lemonade to drink.

After we left there we picked up a few groceries and came home and watched Whats eating Gilbert Grape. The theme today must be grapes.

No comments: