Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wasp sting

Yesterday at around noon I grabbed the door handle in the garage and was stung by a wasp. It hurt like the dickens. Last time I was stung my whole arm swelled up like a boxing glove. It didn't seem that bad this time. I ran hot water over it for as long as I could stand it. Things seemed OK. This morning when I woke up the hand was swollen, red and itching like crazy. I scratched it till I thought it would break through the skin, then I ran hot water over it again. Is still swollen and itchy but not as bad.

So I spoke too soon about not being allergic any more. I guess I need to keep benadril on hand this spring.

There is a nest of those pesky wasps somewhere around the garage. I am praying we find it so we can destroy the source.

Today the girls and I are working at the food band in Guymon. Its hard work they say, lifting and moving lots of boxes. Plus we work from 10am to 4pm.

We will have to leave at 3pm so we can get home and changed to make stone. Then shower and attend the last day of Holy week services which are at our church today. Last night they were at the Bethel Baptist church in the country. I sat there wishing we could all just worship together all the time. I know I have to wait until heaven for that, and it will be glorious.

2 comments:

Yolanda said...

http://www.gardeners.com/Wasp-Traps/38-786,default,pd.html

You poor thing!

Joy Comes in the Morning said...

Next time put turpinetine(sp?) on it STAT. It is a old mountain remedy and works by drawing the bee venom out. It really does help, but keep that benedryl on hand. Bee allergies can get worse with every sting.