Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cement shed

Mollie is building a shed for my cement for my stone business. It is similar to the way we built my greenhouse and the way we will build the chicken coop. Mollie is looking at Jace, see him getting out of the back of the pick-up? He is the tyke she watches after school.
We are going to use 3 cattle panels so we needed 8 T-posts. Mollie is slamming them in and lining them up even.

You can see one cattle panel leaning up against a post. Later or tomorrow we will wire the panels onto the T-posts. I will continue to take pictures and post the progress.


This is the view from the opposite side. Since this building will house cement and we need to be able to get the fork lift in, we will be attaching the panels to the top portion of the posts, instead of the bottom. When all the panels are wired in place we will cover the whole shebang with tarps. The cement comes on pallets, so we will just put a couple of pallets on the ground and then stack the full pallets on top to keep them away from any potential dampness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

This is wonderful! How grand that your daughter knows how to do all this stuff :)

But tell me, wouldn't the cement get wet somehow from the humidity on the soil ?

Praying that it stays dry and you will able to use it :)

Maria

debbieo said...

~Maria~
Where we live there is no moisture in the soil. Unless its raining. We live in the panhandle of oklahoma and its very dry here. My girls are all handy. Not having any boys we have learned to do things ourselves. Mollie is funny too. She pushes me out of the way and says "I got it mom".
Back to the moisture thing, on the off chance that we would get moisture is the reason for stacking two empty pallets and then the cement. I should mention that we have done it this way before with a much less sturdy structure than what we are building. Also the bags of cement have a plastic type liner in each bag. We have never had a problem with it. Three pallets of cement with delivery is about $1,000.00 so I wouldnt take chances on something I wasnt pretty sure of.
Thanks for all the visits.
I love your sewing blog. I learned to sew by my great grandma on a treadle.