Friday, March 19, 2010

Farmville vs real life

I am not a fan of the facebook games and I have banned them from me having to look at them. Today I said I was going to move the chicks to the greenhouse and plant several kinds of flowers and some veggies. I got two replies that said something about farmville. I had to chuckle. These people think farmville is the only way to farm and grow veggies. I told them that they probably think vegetables and eggs come from the store too.

They play the game, I get real life.

Farmville smarmville=time stealer.

If I say I am doing something with chickens they are actual chickens. They eat, drink and will someday give eggs and or meat.

If I say I am planting something it is the real life actual flower or vegetable, not some fantasy flower that sustains no one.

If I am building something on my farmstead, I actually am. I am glad I live in reality and am able to do things in real life.

I know some people like the games and call themselves gamers. It is just an incredible time waster/stealer to me. I cant abide the games.

I am now going to put a real heater in my real greenhouse for my real chicks. Try that on Farmville. lol

2 comments:

Captain Hook and Lady Crochet said...

You are not alone!!! I HATE farmville!!! WHy would I play it... I LIVE it! hahaha. Wannabe's LOL. Since you are on FB...you should look me up! Would love to have ya as a friend on there as well!

Litty said...

I used to play Farmville a lot. I don't have my own farm and there is no forseeable way to get one in the next 5 years, so I feed my fantasy that way. I'm jealous that you get the real thing =P