Monday, March 8, 2010

Its raining here.

I am glad we got our patchwork/redneck shed done because its raining and they are going to deliver 3 pallets of Portland cement tomorrow.

Today we need to set the baby chicks up in another shed and run electricity to it so they wont be in where we are making stone.

Tomorrow we will have to start making stone again. If we hit it hard we can get the first order done in three weeks.

I am going to build a redneck porch/ carport thing coming out from the garage to work under. It will keep the rain off and later when the sun is beating down on us while we work it will shade us. I have the design all worked out in my head and dimensions and such.

I wanted to get some of the thing I will need at Tractor Supply today when we went to town but most of the town didn't have electricity. The girls couldn't even have their dental appointment because of no electricity. Now we have to reschedule when they get the electricity back on a and their computer going.

I have a couple more ideas I want to think about building too. Jeff never knows what to think when I get ideas. But just last night he said he is enjoying all the latest projects. The raised beds, the chicks, etc. He even wants two raised beds in a certain area of the garden so he can raise his own veggies. Maybe he is going to experiment. I wonder if the girls would want a raised bed each in the garden to grow what ever they want? Do you girls?

I am happy to report the chicks are doing very well. I am so glad the neighbor got them for me yesterday instead of waiting until today because they ate over 1 cup of feed and drank a quart of water. They might not have been in as good of shape if they had to wait until today to be picked up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that the little chicks are doing so well :)

My husband feels the same way...he also has no idea what to expect when I get going every Spring :-)

Blessings,

Maria

Yolanda said...

I so much admire all that you manage to get done! Just be sure to take good care of yourself!

Yolanda said...

I'm sorry your baby chick died. That is so sad. :(