Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oh my

The cement arrived and we had the usual hard time unloading it. It makes me nervous driving the forklift in front of other people.

We got the three pallets unloaded and then we were putting them into the shed when one pallet that was stacked crooked broke the pallet and tumbled off. Now we have about 30 bags of cement to pick up off the ground. Each sack weighs 94 pounds. I am so discouraged. We picked up about half of them and I decided we needed to go in the house and regroup.

The young man who helps is coming after school today so maybe if we don't have them picked up by then he can help us.

I have to get stronger so I can continue this line of work or we are going to have to sell the business. Actually we have tried to sell and have not had any luck in this economy.

Its good money but hard work. We can make a days wage in about 2 hours of hard work. A person has to have stamina and a strong back to do this work.

I am just whining here so please forgive me. I am thankful we have this business. Thank you Lord and forgive me for whining.

2 comments:

Yolanda said...

That's ok. Whine all you want. That must be so discouraging! Don't hurt yourself!

Anonymous said...

Don't hurt yourself dear friend! But you go ahead and talk about it, then lets pray that everything will work out to the will of Him that has provided the business.

Maria