Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday

Here are the four raised beds we put in the greenhouse. We need to make 3 more and then the greenhouse will be all raised beds.
The next thing we need to do is get the beds 1/2 filled with wood shavings that the tree company dumped for free out back. Then our friend Kirby will fill his trailer with manure and straw and we will top them off with that and then plant.

Mollie and I used several old tarps we found around the place. The one big one I thought I still had must of gotten thrown away last year. Jeff wants us to put a new one over the top of the one we put on the top.


Mollie works hard but she still finds time to text. She is a go getter gal.

This picture is suppose to show how we used wire to fasten the parts of the tarps that we couldn't fasten to the cattle panel.

I am trying to show the wire.

I called this a patchwork shed but Mollie says its a redneck shed. It works what ever its called.

We worked hard for about 4 hours and got a bunch accomplished. Jeff and I went to Guymon and bought 3 batteries, two ladders, a 6 footer and an 8 footer. We also bought some 2x4's and two cattle panels.

When we got home Jeff installed a battery in the forklift and fixed the tire. He then installed a battery in the tractor and one in the van. He used the blower and blew out the garage after we got the molds out.
Mollie and I finished two raised beds and installed four raised beds in the greenhouse. We finished our redneck cement shed and moved the cement out of the other shed. We moved two sets of molds into the shed and put the cement into the garage.

4 comments:

Captain Hook and Lady Crochet said...

Good WOrk! Boy...I feel like I am slacking! =0P

The Watts Family said...

Wow great job you guys are awesome!!!...we are not getting much done around here at all we have had a cloud sitting on our house with sideways rain....so old movies and hiding under a blanket here!! Your daughter is incredibly handy...She must have some fantastic parents ~Blessings Love Heather

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

Your greenhouse and raised beds look wonderful! Perfect for Spring :)

Maria

Autumn said...

Hi I am wanting to make a greenhouse like yours. I was wondering how you did it? How long were your cattle panels and did you just bend them over to form the curve? I would really like to know. Also where did you get your plastic?