Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fireside room











This is the room I call the fireside room. It could also be called the formal parlor or tea room. I just got a new to me couch and love seat in a pretty floral design. They go perfectly this room. We don't use this room much except when we have company. I used to have several tables and chairs in here and would host tea parties and private dinners. The red hat group, the Aurora group, a Sunday school class and several couples have dinned here. After a year or so I quit giving the dinners and only had tea parties. After about a year or two of that I quit giving tea parties and made this into a formal room to receive company.

If you have the room like I do its nice to have a room that you can keep sorta fancy for guests. The family gathers in the school room/library/family room to watch movies or hang out.
I will be putting up tours of my house room by room. I have a big house so I am never able to have it all clean at once so I thought I'd just do room by room tours.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Debbie...the room is just lovely!

I am sure that everyone that came to your lovely home, left with a feeling of contentment.

Thank you for sharing...

Maria

The Watts Family said...

My daughter just loved this room. We have a smaller house and could not swing this. How wonderful to have such a formal room!! Great for Tea ~Thanks for sharing blessings Heather