Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday

This afternoon we went to Perryton, Tx to a Ken Davis show. He is a funny man. I spent the whole show laughing while I cried. He would say something sad and then something funny. I had to get my hanky out of my purse, bawl and blow.

Tomorrow I think I will be moving a bunch of my seedlings to the greenhouse. That will give me more room to start more. I think if I put them in the empty raised beds and cover them with plastic they will be fine.

We also have to get busy getting those raised beds filled and ready to plant. I think it is suppose to rain tomorrow.

While we were in Perryton we stopped at the grocery store and I bought 19 cans of Del Monte spaghetti sauce on sale for .99 and ordered two more cases. Christina called me a while back to ask me to look for the green pepper and mushroom kind because Bill loves it and he cant find it in Alvin, Texas. I will give him a case or more at Bible school graduation. I also picked up 13 bags of Betty Crocker brownie mix on sale for .79 and ordered another case. I should have at least a years supply of both the spaghetti sauce and the brownie mix.

I like to try to get a years supply of something when the price is good. It is always of course something we eat and like. I would be dumb to buy a years supply of something we wont eat.

2 comments:

Yolanda said...

Wonderful! You might enjoy this bog: http://theprudenthomemaker.com/default.aspx She has LOTS of info about stocking up and how to feed your family for less. I know the lady. She's nice. She also just recently had a new baby girl. :)

debbieo said...

Yolanda, I actually read this blog now and again, I just have it in my personal favorites not my blog favorites.