Thursday, March 4, 2010

This and that

Today I made two transactions at United. Each time I bought 5 cans of Bumblebee tuna at 59 cents each. I had a coupon for 1.00 off five cans and it doubled. I ended up paying $1.14 for 5 cans of tuna. I did that twice so I ended up with 10 cans of tuna for $2.28.
I figure if I can add just a bit each time I shop, for really good prices, I can stock my pantry.

Next topic.
This spot on my neck.
When I went to get the stitches out the doctor said he was so surprised that it was cancer because it sure didn't look like any cancer he had ever seen.
He said he was sure glad he sent it in to be tested. He showed me the report that said he got it all. He had originally said he was going to do a needle biopsy and he was glad he just decided to take it all off and saved me having to have it done later.

Ok, all that to say, get any spots checked out. Even if they don't look like what they say cancer looks like. If I had not been persistent and if the doctor had snuffed me off like my last doctor did, who knows what might have happened.

I know this kind of cancer isn't the killer kind, but it sure can cause pain and itching. Doc said he has a patient who he tried to persuade to let him remove this same type of thing from her nose 10 years ago and she refused. He said its really big now and she wears a band aid over it all the time. He said it looks like a big scar. He sure wished she had let him take care of it years ago.

No comments: