Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Seeds and seedlings

Yesterday Mollie and Hannah started a flat of organic tomatoes and a flat of organic romaine lettuce.

Today they re potted about 150 tomatoes into 4 inch peat pots. These will be sold at the farmers market, at least those I don't put in the greenhouse.

Tomorrow we will re pot the Nasturtium's and lufa plants.

I had to get another shelf unit to put the growing plants on. They take up more room the bigger they get, hummm.

So far everything is growing great. I haven't had any problem with damping off and I attribute this to the hint from Happy Hermit. I just make a batch of chamomile tea. One cup of tea and one cup of water. I place this into a squirt bottle and every few days I squirt all the plants thoroughly with the chamomile tea spray.

Tomorrow or this afternoon I need to plant some cabbage, cauliflower and brussel sprouts if I have seeds for them.

My friend Glenda came over to see my plant starting set up. She was very impressed and she said I gave her some ideas. I need to get over to her place so I can get ideas from her. She really has a green thumb.

1 comment:

The Watts Family said...

thank you for the Chamomile tip I will try this it sounds wonderful...How exciting all your plants are doing well I have had a bumpy road with some of my seeds so far this year ~Blessings Love Heather