Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wind/clothes dryer

Today the wind is blowing pretty hard. It usually does around here. One thing I like about it is that you can hang out the clothes and they are almost dry by the time the next load is done washing. I hung out a full load of clothes on my new clothes line and it looks like it will hold at least 3 loads. I think it would be difficult to hang sheets on it though. Maybe I can rig up just one long line for sheets, because they smell so good after hanging outside.
I like how the clothes are soft from blowing in the wind too.

It turns out that all our help is unable to come to work today. That leaves Mollie and I to make stone. I don't think we can do it by ourselves. I am still trying to figure out what to do about it. It only takes two hours but we need to find someone close who can work for those two hours a day.

***Mollie came up with an idea for her and I to make the stone by ourselves. We will pull yesterdays stone and color the molds. Then take a break and then we can mix and pour today's stone. That might work***

My granddaughters are here until Saturday. We are enjoying them. They helped dust the fireside room yesterday when we got the new furniture.

Next time we go to town I told Mollie that we need to pick up some 1x4's so she can make me a couple of footstools. I would like them to be hinged so they can be used for storage. Jeff wants one for the family room and I want one for the fireside room.

One time a long time ago we decided to make a footstool. We weren't very experienced with wood working back then, so we decided 4 feet by 4 feet was a good size. We had a big living room, but when we got it almost all the way built we realized that was huge. We ended up cutting it in half by size and made a 2feet by 2 feet foot stool that was plenty big. I have more experience now and know to measure things and have more of an idea of the sizes of things.

I will cover the footstool for the family room with a solid color fabric and I may choose a floral fabric for the footstool for the fireside room. I will probably use some old egg crates and cut them up for the padding on the top of the footstools. That is what I did the first time I made one and it worked very well. That footstool held lots of toys and lasted a long time. Kids sat and sprawled out across it. It was well used. I even had fabric to cover it with in my stash.

I know I have some floral fabric I can use for one of the footstools. I will have to look to see if I have fabric for the solid color one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

What a great recycling idea :)

Yes, it is wonderful to hang your clothes outside...the smell of sunshine is just great!

Blessings,

Maria