Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Menu plan change

Since I made the decision to quit wasting food I am going to have to change my menu plan. Yesterday I was suppose to make porcupine meatballs, BUT, we still had plenty of oh so easy lasagna. SO, we ate leftover lasagna for supper last night. It was even better than the first night, plus all we had to do was warm it up and add some more sauce and cottage cheese because Mollies thought it needed it. There is still one serving of it left so one of us will eat it for lunch today. We also have several lunch ables and frozen dinners in the freezer so I want to get those used up.

I buy lunch ables when I see them marked half price and put them in the freezer. I also buy my lunch meat when it is marked half price and put it in the freezer for later. I have not had to buy lunch meat at the regular price for quite some time once I figured out what day they mark things down at the United where I shop. For me, its Wednesday evening. I usually go there after I drop the kids off at youth.

Anyway, back to the menu. Since we missed the porcupine meatballs yesterday, I will make them for supper tonight. If there are left overs, we will eat them tomorrow. It is quite apparent that I cook too much food at one time. Learning not to waste food will either help me learn to cook less or get used to eating up the leftovers while they are still good. Which ends up meaning that I only have to cook supper every other day, I could get used to that.

No comments: