Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dumpster Diving


The girls and I went dumpster diving today. Actually I went and Hannah was in the back seat and Mollie drove the get away car. I wanted to make some of those plant pots out of newspapers and we don't take any papers. To me the logical thing to do was to dumpster dive behind the newspaper office. The dumpsters were clean because all they put in there are newspapers but they were fairly empty so I had to reach pretty far to grab some newspapers.

This evening I sat down and made 63 pots. I will make some more tomorrow. I am pretty fast at making them now. Hannah came to watch how I did it and she said you are fast mom.

I found the image on the Internet. I like the cute markers. I just use pop sickle sticks I buy in bulk.

I need to make a bunch because each of my starter trays holds 72 little starter discs. I still haven't gotten anything else planted. I hope to remedy that tomorrow.

Also, I like the fact that you can make small pots or a bit larger pot depending on what you use to wrap your newspaper around.

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

That's really neat and I approve of the dumpster diving!!! Where can I learn how to make the pots?